How to Apply

To apply for fiancé(e) visa (K-1 visa) classification for an intended alien spouse, an American citizen must file a petition, Form I-129F, with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) in the States.

Both petitioner and beneficiary must be legally able and willing to conclude a valid marriage in the United States. The petitioner and beneficiary must have previously met in person within the past 2 years unless the U.S. Attorney General waivers that requirement.

If the petition is approved by the USCIS, the approved petition will be forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Seoul through the National Visa Center.

A petition is valid for a period of 4 months from the date of USCIS action, and must be revalidated by the consular officer.