An official website of the United States government

Minor Passport (Applicants Age 15 and Younger)
December 8, 2023

Passport for Applicants Age 15 and Younger

Please note that the minor (age 15 and younger) and both parents must appear in person.  The application must be signed before a U.S. consular officer.  Please go to our appointment page to schedule an appointment.  Please submit the following items:(all supporting documents must be originals)

  • A completed form DS-11: Complete FORM DS-11 online, and print it out single-sided, on two sheets of paper but DO NOT sign.  You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one.* U.S. regulations require the consent of both parents/legal guardians for the issuance of a U.S. passport to a minor child. If you are the non-applying parent or guardian providing written consent for your minor child to apply for a U.S. passport because you are unable to appear in person with your child, please submit a notarized Form DS-3053 (Statement of Consent) (PDF-41.23KB). The parent submitting the application materials to the U.S. Embassy must bring the notarized consent form along with a copy of the absent parent’s ID used during the notary. If you are the applying parent or guardian, and the written consent of the non-applying parent or guardian cannot be obtained in a timely manner, you need to submit Form DS-5525 (Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances)(PDF-40.87KB).
  • Child’s evidence of U.S. Citizenship
    Certified U.S. birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
    Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    Naturalization Certificate
    Certificate of Citizenship
  • The child’s previous U.S. passport (If applicable)
  • Evidence of relationship between Child and Parent(s) such as:
    Certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents’ names
    Certified foreign birth certificate with both parents’ names
    Consular Report of Birth Abroad with both parents’ names
    Adoption Decree with adopting parents’ names
    Court Order establishing custody
    Court Order establishing guardianship
  • Identification of parent(s)
    In the event that a parent is deceased, the family should provide a certified copy  of the death certificate of the parent that cannot appear in person.  For more information, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html
  • One passport photograph
    Sized 2″ X 2″ (or 5 cm X 5 cm) with a white background taken within the last six months/no eye glasses/no uniforms/no digital manipulation or retouching. Face coverings (i.e. bandages, masks) that block portions of the face are not allowed. We need to see your full face to establish your identity. Please see the travel.state.gov passport photo webpage for more information. (U.S. passport and Korean passport photo sizes are different.)
  • Photos of your child’s development since the issuance of the most recent passport. 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present, to show how their appearance has changed.  Photos should be printed.  Ideally, photo should not include other children and should be organized chronologically.
  • Fee:  $135
    US or International credit card – All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars.
    Cash – U.S. dollars or Korean won at the Embassy’s exchange rate. When paying in cash, we kindly request that you bring the exact amount.
  • Return delivery courier slip (available at the Embassy)