Routine services are by appointment only: Passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad and Notary Services
We do not accept walk-ins. If your passport was lost or stolen and you need to travel immediately, please contact us for an emergency appointment with details of your request as well as your itinerary.
If you schedule multiple appointments on different days, your duplicate appointments may be canceled. An appointment is required for each applicant.
- No confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after you schedule an appointment.
- Be sure to write down your appointment date, time and password from the “Appointment Details” screen in case you need to change or cancel your appointment. We are unable to retrieve your password for you.
- Do not include any special characters in any input field.
- You must provide the names of all signatories in your documents when scheduling a notary appointment online, including names of witnesses and co-signers. If you have witnesses or co-signers, please enter the principal signer’s full name under “Applicant’s Surname” and others’ full name(s) under “Applicant’s Given Name”. Witnesses and co-signers will not be granted access to the Embassy unless they are listed under “Applicant’s Given Name” when you schedule your appointment online.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad Appointment: Please schedule an appointment a minimum of 5 working days after the date of online payment submission to allow payment processing to be completed. If your payment hasn’t cleared before your interview, you may be denied service until payment has processed. We do not accept walk-ins.
Enter through the Embassy’s side entrance. Please be aware that we DO NOT have a parking lot available for the public. Public parking facilities in the neighborhood surrounding the U.S. Embassy are generally not available. We strongly recommend traveling to and from the U.S. Embassy by public transportation.
American Citizen Services is closed to the public on both U.S. and Korean holidays.
Cancel Your Appointment
If you remember your appointment password, click below to cancel your appointment.
If you have forgotten your appointment password, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending a cancellation request via email, please use the e-mail address you listed on the appointment system. Please write “Cancellation Request” in the subject line of the email. Be sure to include the following information for us to cancel your appointment(s):
- Names of all applicants (and applicants’ parents’ names for minors)
- DOB for all applicants
- Appointment date & time(s)
- Type of Service (passport, CRBA, notary, etc.)
NOTE: Once you send an email requesting cancellation, your appointment is permanently canceled.
Applicants visiting the Embassy will be allowed to check in only one cell phone and one set of electronic car keys before entering the building. No other devices will be permitted, and the Embassy has no capacity to store them. Please leave these items at home or make arrangements for their storage before arriving for your appointment. You will only be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Upon arrival in the ACS waiting room, applicants will need to take a number ticket and wait for their number to be called.