An official website of the United States government

February 1, 2023

We are accepting DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Applications and DS-5504 applications via courier service ONLY. (The DS-5504 is used to make a correction, register a name change within one year of passport issuance, or exchange a limited passport.)

Replacing a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Passport

Please report the loss/theft of all U.S. passports to the local police and apply for a replacement passport at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate serving your area as soon as possible.  If your reported lost or stolen passport is found after a replacement passport is issued to you, the original passport cannot be used for travel.

A personal appearance is required to apply for a replacement passport.  Please go to our appointment page to schedule an appointment.

Please submit the following items:

  • Passport application must be filled out using the Passport Wizard. (Tips for Using Passport Wizard) (PDF 1.5 MB) You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one.  If you were never issued a Social Security number, you will be asked to sign a sworn statement declaring that you never applied for a number. Once completed, please print the application form including the Statement Regarding a Lost  or Stolen Passport, but DO NOT sign.
  • Police Report for lost/stolen passport
    Report the loss to the police station nearest to where you lost your passport and bring that report with you.
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship (If applicable)
    Original U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or previous U.S. passport.
  • Proof of Identity (If applicable)
    Driver’s license, military I.D., etc.
  • One passport photograph
    Sized 2″ X 2″ (or 5 cm X 5 cm) with a white background taken within the last six months/no eye glasses/no uniforms/no digital manipulation or retouching. Face coverings (i.e. bandages, masks) that block portions of the face are not allowed. We need to see your full face to establish your identity. Please see the travel.state.gov passport photo webpage for more information. (U.S. passport and Korean passport photo sizes are different.)
  • Fee: $165 for adults / $135 for minors  
    US or International credit card
     – All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars.
    Cash – U.S. dollars or Korean won at the Embassy’s exchange rate.  When paying in cash, we kindly request that you bring the exact amount.
  • Applicants under age 16: U.S. regulations require the consent of both parents/legal guardians for the issuance of a U.S. passport to a minor child. The minor child (applicant) must be present along with the parent(s).
    *U.S. regulations require the consent of both parents/legal guardians for the issuance of a U.S. passport to a minor child. If you are the non-applying parent or guardian providing written consent for your minor child to apply for a U.S. passport because you are unable to appear in person with your child, please submit a notarized Form DS-3053 (Statement of Consent) (PDF-41.23KB). The parent submitting the application materials to the U.S. Embassy must bring the notarized consent form along with a copy of the absent parent’s ID used during the notary. If you are the applying parent or guardian, and the written consent of the non-applying parent or guardian cannot be obtained in a timely manner, you need to submit Form DS-5525 (Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances)(PDF-40.87KB).
  • A return delivery courier slip (available at the Embassy)