Effective December 27, 2021, the passport security surcharge fee will increase by $20. For minor passport applicants who use Form DS-11, the new fee is $135 (162,000 KRW). For adults renewing their passports using Form DS-82, the new fee is $130 (156,000 KRW). For adults who must apply in person using Form DS-11, the new fee is $165 (198,000 KRW).
Renewal by Mail/Courier:
You may qualify to renew your passport by courier/delivery service if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Your previous U.S. passport book/card is in your possession.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent U.S. passport book/card was issued.
- Your most recent U.S. passport book/card was issued less than 15 years ago.
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued under your current legal name.
- For more information and instructions on how to renew your passport by mail/courier and how to pay the passport fees online, please go to the Passport Renewal page of the U.S. Embassy Seoul website.
Schedule an Appointment for an In-Person Appointment:
If you do not meet all of the above criteria for renewal by mail/courier, please schedule an appointment to come in person to apply for a passport. Passport appointments are available through the Appointments page of the U.S. Embassy Seoul website.
Please continue to check for available appointments as additional appointments may become available. If you require an emergency appointment, please first schedule the next available appointment and then email SeoulInfoACS@state.gov to request an earlier one. We will reply asking about the nature of your emergency and your intended date of travel. You may be requested to provide supporting documents or information.
Applying for a Passport: For a list of different passport services and the associated requirements, please go to the Passport Services page of the U.S. Embassy Seoul website, where you can find all passport forms.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, Republic of Korea: +82 (0)2-397-4114; DSN: 721-4114; SeoulInfoACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- South Korea (Republic of Korea) Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Follow U.S. Embassy Seoul on Facebook and Twitter