An official website of the United States government

Re-Entry Permit
November 24, 2023

Re-entry Permit (I-327)

If you plan to stay outside of the United States for more than one year but less than two years in duration, a re-entry permit is needed for readmission. You must be physically present in the United States when you file the application (Form I-131).  A re-entry permit may be sent to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad for you to pick up, if you request it when you file your application.  Departure from the United States before a decision is made on a re-entry permit application does not affect the application.

Generally, a re-entry permit is issued for two years from the date of issuance.  However, a re-entry permit issued to a conditional resident shall be valid either for two years from the date of issuance or to until the date by which the conditional resident must apply for removal of the conditions on his or her status, whichever date comes first.

  • To check the status of your re-entry permit application with USCIS, please visit the USCIS site.
  • To check if your re-entry permit has been received by the U.S. Embassy Seoul, please click here (PDF 183 KB).

* All recipients 14 years of age or older must schedule appointment by clicking here and pick up in-person. Please bring your I-797C, passport and green card. If you are picking up on behalf of your child under 14 years of age, please bring a copy of family relation certificate.

If your re-entry permit contains a typographic error, please visit the USCIS site.



Replacement of Naturalization Certificate (N-565)


If you wish to replace a certificate of naturalization or certificate of citizenship that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may request a replacement certificate by filing Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document. You may file the application online or by mail. To file online, please visit the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/file-online. If you wish to file by mail, you may download the form and file filing instructions on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/n-565.


Please note that the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy Seoul does not accept nor process the Form N-565. For any questions, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. On the arrival of the certificate, Immigrant Visa unit sends email notification for pick-up service and information on appointment scheduling. Please visit the U.S. Embassy, Seoul website at this link to check the arrival status of the Certification of Naturalization/Citizenship.