February 15, 2022
Location: Republic of Korea
Event: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of State have raised their travel advisories to Level 4 for the Republic of Korea due to COVID-19. For Level 4 destinations, the CDC recommends that travelers avoid travel to the destination. The State Department now recommends that you do not travel to the Republic of Korea.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Seoul webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Republic of Korea.
- Consult the CDC Website for the latest information on Travel and COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the latest CDC’s recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, Republic of Korea
188 Sejong Daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- State Department—Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Korea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter