Location: Jeju and the southern coastal area of Republic of Korea.
Event: Typhoon Kong-rey will potentially bring flooding rain and strong winds to the Republic of Korea, particularly to Jeju and the southern coastal area, on Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6, 2018. Please monitor the local news for updates.
Actions to Take:
- Consider avoiding travel to Jeju and the southern coastal area until the storm has dissipated.
- All U.S. citizens living in or traveling to Jeju and the southern coastal area should monitor weather reports, follow directions from local officials, and take other appropriate actions as needed.
- Seek secure shelter as appropriate.
- Visit the Korean Meteorological Administration and Accuweather for up to the minute information on Korean weather.
For further information about security in Republic of Korea:
- U.S. Embassy Seoul 02 397-4000, After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 02-397-4114.
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Korea Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter