Reconsider travel to South Korea due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for South Korea due to COVID-19.
South Korea has resumed most transportation options, (including airport operations and re-opening of borders) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within South Korea. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in South Korea.
If you decide to travel to South Korea:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for South Korea.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Travelers Checklist.