July 13, 2020
Location: Republic of Korea (ROK)
Event: The Korean authorities have confirmed that community based COVID transmission is still occurring in Korea. Authorities are regularly updating guidelines and measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The ROK has provided these basic guidelines for social distancing in daily life. Please visit the ROK’s COVID-19 portal for other important country-specific rules and regulations.
The U.S. Embassy would like to remind all Americans visiting and living in the Republic of Korea (ROK) that everyone in the ROK is subject to local laws (foreigners included). If one violates Korean laws, they may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned.
Please visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
Tell your friends and family to register in STEP to receive updates.
Helpful Links concerning COVID-19:
- Ministry of Health & Welfare’s 3-phase scheme for social distancing (in Korean only).
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the ROK COVID-19 portal.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Korea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.