Location: Southern portion of Korea: Jeju and Busan
Event: Tropical Storm Prapiroon will bring potentially flooding rain and strong winds to South Korea during the beginning of the week. Prapiroon is expected to make landfall over Jeju on Monday, July 2 and Busan early on Wednesday, July 3. The typhoon is expected to move offshore again by late Tuesday and dissipate by Wednesday.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Korean Meteorological Administration and Accuweather for up to the minute information on Korean weather.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul 02 397-4000, After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 02-397-4114.
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Korea Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter