Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Seoul, Republic of Korea (May 12, 2020)
Location: Itaewon, Seoul
Event: The Republic of Korea government asks all visitors to Itaewon nightclubs or bars from April 24-May 6 to seek COVID-19 testing at their nearest public healthcare center or by calling 1339. Testing is available to all foreign residents at no cost. Please continue to monitor COVID-19 updates provided by the Korean Center for Disease Control. Up-to-the-minute COVID-19 updates are also available from the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
Visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 website for further information regarding COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Korea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, 188 Sejong Daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Korea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter