April 7, 2020
Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the U.S Department of State is limiting its passport operations worldwide. Effective April 8, we have limited ability to offer routine passport and citizenship services overseas. Please consider waiting to apply for routine services until we resume normal operations. U.S. Embassy Seoul can assist with an emergency passport for an adult or a minor. If you have not received your Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), an emergency passport may be issued.
If you applied for a routine passport or citizenship service after April 2, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. Contact us at SeoulInfoACS@state.gov to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document such as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).
The U.S. Embassy remains open for U.S. citizens in crisis or emergencies. Thank you for your patience during these difficult circumstances.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, 188 Sejong Daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- State Department – Consular Affairs:
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Korea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter