April 4, 2020
Location: Republic of Korea
Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in South Korea. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government has no plans to arrange repatriation flights in South Korea at this time.
Please visit Embassy Seoul’s COVID-19 website for more country-specific information.
Tell your friends and family to register in STEP to receive updates.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Korea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, 188 Sejong Daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Korea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter