March 30, 2020
Location: All Airports in South Korea
Event: Two Week, Government Facility Quarantine Will be Required for All Short-Term Travelers to South Korea
The government of Korea has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Korea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Seoul, 188 Sejong Daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Korea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter